News & Events
Get the latest news and info about upcoming events
Get the latest news and info about upcoming events
Visit our newsletter archive.
- June 9, 2022: Monthly Quire office hours are introduced
- May 12, 2022: Announcement goes out that that Quire will be switching to a new static site generator in advance of the upcoming open-source launch
- April 14, 2022: Quire is a sponsor of the 2022 Library Publishing Forum
- December 2, 2022: The v1.0.0 pre-release and official open-source launch are announced.
- September 9, 2021: Quire v0.20.0 is released, including the new multilevel subsection feature
- May 13, 2021: The new Quire website is launched to the community
- April 6, 2021: Quire v0.19.0 released, including IIIF compatibility
- February 18, 2021: Quire community forum is launched via GitHub Discussions
- Dec. 1, 2020: Quire newsletter is launched
- Oct 3, 2020: Six new features added to our roadmap
- Sept 30, 2020: Quire team selected to beta test It Takes A Village: Open Source Software Sustainability tools
- Sept 16, 2020: Welcome to Getty’s development team, Hannah Balenda!
- Mar 9, 2020: Welcome to our new community manager, Erin Cecele Dunigan!
- Feb 3, 2020: Quire v0.18.0 released
Have an event coming up? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll add it to the calendar.
|IIIF Museums Community Group Meeting||May 10, 2022||“Leveraging IIIF Resources with Getty’s Open-Source Digital Publishing Tool,” Erin Cecele Dunigan and Greg Albers.|
|Museum Publishing Digital Interest Group (MuPuDig) Webinar||February 22, 2022||Reflections on the one-year anniversary of Quire publication, French Paintings and Pastels, 1600–1945: The Collections of the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, with Stephanie Alger (Digital Publishing Assistant), Brigid Boyle (Block Family Foundation Doctoral Fellow), and Meghan Gray (Project Manager, Curatorial Associate in European Arts), https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KG5I6TLF8Y.|
|Open Publishing Fest||November 11, 2021||“Quire: Getty’s Open-Source Digital Publishing Tool,” with Erin Cecele Dunigan and Greg Albers.|
|MuseumNext: Digital Collections Summit||October 6, 2021||“Opening Access: Getty’s Approach to Digital Collection Catalogues,” with Erin Cecele Dunigan.|
|National Museum Publishing Seminar (NMPS)||August 2, 2021||“Digital Publishing Today: Three Case Studies” moderated by Erin Cecele Dunigan (Quire), with Alex Bortolot (Minneapolis Institute of Art), Heather Brand (Museum of Fine Arts, Houston), and Emmet Byrne (Walker Art Center) presenting recent collections-based digital publishing projects.|
|IIIF Annual Conference||June 23, 2021||“Quire & IIIF: Implementing a User-Friendly Workflow for Digital Publishing,” with Greg Albers, Erin Cecele Dunigan, Matthew Hrudka, and Hannah Balenda.|
|Museum Computer Network (MCN)||Nov 10, 2020||“Quire—A Sustainable Digital Publishing Solution for Museums of All Sizes,” with Amanda Helton and Kathryn Wade from the San José Museum of Art, https://sched.co/dfXr.|
|National Museum Publishing Seminar (NMPS)||July 2020||“Think Digital, Part 1: Conceptualizing; Part 2: Implementing,” with Greg Albers.|
|Open Publishing Fest||May 28, 2020||“Quire: Multiformat Publishing Solutions for Art Books and Beyond,” with Greg Albers, Erin Dunigan, Jayna Swartzman-Brosky, Nancy Um, and Amanda Helton, https://youtu.be/SB1Y5GfDP7c.|
|Museum Computer Network (MCN)||Nov 3, 2019||“Plague Water for Everyone! How open source digital publishing can organize & amplify multi-partner research projects,” with Alex Bortolot and Kris Thayer from the Minneapolis Institute of Art. Later reprised in January 2020 for the Museum Publishing Digital Interest Group, https://youtu.be/gE8JrMLrOQM.|
|Webinar: Quire Demo||July 11 & 26, 2018||A 90-minute webinar demonstrating Quire installation and basic operation, https://youtu.be/kFTcJLbMDxs.|
|Association of University Presses (AUP)||June 18, 2018||“Publishing Digital Projects,” with Greg Albers presenting on Quire alongside panelists representing other projects from the University of British Columbia Press, Stanford University Press, and Wayne State University Libraries.|
|Library Publishing Forum (LPF)||May 21, 2018||“Owned by the Academy: A Preconference on Open Source Publishing Software,” with Greg Albers presenting Quire in a lightning talk and showcase session.|
|National Museum Publishing Seminar (NMPS)||May 3, 2018||“Quire Digital Publishing Platform: Demo and Q&A,” with Greg Albers and Sarah Wambold.|
|Museums and the Web (MW)||April 18, 2018||“Sustainable MultiFormat Digital Publishing with Quire,” a half-day workshop with Greg Albers and Sarah Wambold.|
|Making Scholarly Digital Publications||April 5–6, 2018||A two-day convening hosted by Getty, USC, and Brown University, and including teams from a variety of platforms: Quire, Fulcrum, Editoria, Scalar, and Manifold.|
|College Art Association (CAA)||Feb 23, 2018||“Open-Source Digital Publishing with Quire,” a workshop with Greg Albers and Sarah Wambold.|
|Museum Computer Network (MCN)||November 7, 2017||“Hands on with Static Site Generators: Publishing Modern Sites with a 1990s Approach,” a half-day Quire workshop with Greg Albers and Eric Gardner.|